Here, an Impressum is essentially a statement of ownership and authorship. It was in place to defend user data, oppose illegal content and filters by making website owners pick out themselves, and as a result, assume authority for the content on their platform.
Often, people mean the German (DACH) version of required information placed on a website when talking about an Impressum.
Is an Impressum legally required?
Here, the Impressum requiring a legally on all promotion websites published in German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) whether the website is posting via a .de top-level domain or not.
The point can make that if you have a personal blog without ads and make no money from it, then the Impressum is not required. To know what is an Impressum do check here.
Have you created an Impressum?
Hence, if your answer is no, this guide will tell you precisely what Impressum is and why it is essential!
Therefore, you have to first add to the Impressum as part of the page description setting, and it aimed to help create pages centered on the organization, the brand, or the business.
Here, Facebook starts to add the “Impressum,” a new feature for business pages, and it leads the way to most users asking what it was for, and it was necessary to fill out in 2015.
Therefore, the Facebook Impressum requires users to go to the settings, and you may click on the “add Impressum” option button, a part of the procedure to make Facebook page descriptions.
Using An Impressum For Business
Here, owners and authors of data or documents have an Impressum to indicate legal ownership in Germanic countries. Thus, there should be an Impressum in magazines, newspapers, websites, and books as required by the law.
Therefore, a website that contains an Impressum is like having a page dedicated to the business or company’s terms and conditions or an “about us” page. Unfortunately, English-speaking countries don’t have laws, which require having an Impressum.
But, countries without an Impressum have rules and regulations, which protect an owner or author’s rights. Here are a few examples:
- You might have a section dedicated to the website’s “Legal notice,” “Legal Disclosure,” and “Site Notice.”
- All books can contain critical information (name of the publisher and printer, as well as publication date).
- Both the newspaper and magazines will include a list of board members. Thus, this list appears most commonly on the editorial page.
- Hence, UK Printer’s Imprint Act 1961 wherein printers should put their name and address on each book they print.
- Thus, the Political Parties, Elections, and Referendums Act 2000 wherein promoters can show their names on all election materials.
If the country doesn’t have laws that make business owners create an Impressum, it would be best to create a similar page and display information about the company or brand.
Why Facebook Added An Impressum?
Here, the lawyers often scrutinize website owners that do not have a proper Impressum in Germany. Thus, if the Impressum lacks essential information or is wrong, a competitor’s lawyer can send a cease to stop the business from continuing.
Due to the issues mentioned earlier regarding an Impressum, Facebook decided to include it in their public page settings. This feature allows business owner to state their ownership of a product or business publicly.
You need to add an Impressum on your business’ Facebook profile lets viewers and profile visitors a detailed data presentation regarding the company, brand, or website. You can build an Impressum using several support tools if your country allows it.
How do we Start Writing An Impressum For Your Page?
You have to create an Impressum on Facebook that is both comfortable and convenient. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Now go to Facebook.com and log in to your business account.
- Then, click on your profile.
- Here your page’s cover photo, there is an “about” button. Click on it.
- You may now see the page’s information section plus several features to help edit your Facebook page. Locate the ‘Short Description Option.’
- Under the ‘Short Description Option’ and above the ‘Company Overview Option’ is where you can edit your Impressum. Click on “Input Impressum.”
- Once you click the “Input Impressum,” you can now type in or copy and paste your company’s Impressum on the blank box.
Facebook provides a maximum of 2,000 characters for an Impressum so that you can fully express and show what your company is all about.